Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Keeping Busy.

I've been busy making drawstring bags,  Santa Sacks and removing badges from Ambulance Victoria uniforms so they can be upcycled. Drawstring bags are always in demand by several organisations and it's a great way to use up fabric which isn't quilt worthy. I received 2 dozen tea towels from a deceased estate and they're ideal for the bags.
I finished 3 quilts made from QAYG blocks donated by various donors as well as finishing off 2 SB crocheted blankets. 


I also finished this lovely quilt top which was donated by Jo Starr. It's the Maltaville quilt and a reproduction of an 1847 quilt. Jo had started making the blocks and decided not to continue and donated it instead. I made another 6 blocks and finished the top, then passing it on to Sharon Siacci from Beyond Meander Quilting to work her quilting magic on it as it's a special quilt. I love the pattern and Jo gave me the patterns so I have started my own version but plan to make all of the 64 blocks.

                  

On Saturday I attended the Waverley Patchworkers Winter Warmer and it was a lovely day of stitching, catching up with new and old friends and a lovely talk and quilt sharing by Jo of These Clever Hands. Some fabric shopping may have occurred too and it was very enjoyable. 


 Jo uses lots of bright colours and her quilts are fabulous. Thanks for a great day Waverley ladies.

Hugs, Jan Mac xx 

No comments: