Sunday, June 11, 2023

Olde Patchart Sampler Sewalong.

My lovely friend,  Paula Cochrane, is a very talented quilter who has an extensive collection of antique quilts and she shares my love of preserving and restoring them.

She has started a Sewalong for a quilt she rescued and she's providing the patterns so others can join in the fun. Someone cut into the original quilt which was made in the late 1800s, and Paula is repairing the damaged blocks and replacing the missing blocks with appropriate blocks from that era. 

Paula is providing very detailed instructions for each block and you can rotary cut, or foundation piece the blocks. The majority of the patterns are free and there will be a $5 charge for some of the more complicated blocks to help with Web site costs. We're almost half way through the blocks and I have only paid $15 which is well worth it for the amount of detail provided.

  There's  49 blocks,  finishing at 11 inches and she's providing a pattern each week. She started in January so block #21 has just been released. Of course I am way behind as I  have only just decided to join but I joined last weekend and made 4 blocks this week. I'm not stressing about being behind and will just  work on the blocks when released and make the previous blocks as time allows.

   I've been spending all of my time on donation quilts so it's  been enjoyable to work on something different. I have quite a few UFOs that I  need to finish too, mine as well as donated ones, so I plan on making progress on those too, especially as mist will be donated. 

Check out Paula's Web site at https://oldepatchart.com.au and the Facebook page is Oldepatchart Sampler SAL 2023.

The first block above is #18 Indian Canoes and the one below is #9 Checkerboard. 

The next block is #21 and Quadruple T is the name.
Crooked Mile is the last block #19 and I  hand appliqued the curved pieces.

 I've also been sewing bindings and labels on quilts as well as packing more to be delivered to Rochester this week.

Hugs, Jan Mac xx 

No comments: