Monday, May 8, 2023

Major Announcement

 I'm very grateful for all of your generous donations and support everyone but have found that I'm getting so many donations of soft toys, toiletries, household items etc that I have very little time to sew, the pile of quilts tops which need quilting is growing higher, and my home is overflowing with piles of donations. Therefore I will now focus on only our handmade items so that I have more time for quilting the tops as I am getting more requests for quilts.

Instead of sending other items to me please send them directly to the organisations either by delivery or post. You can fit up to 5kg of items in a prepaid postal bag for under $20 and the organisations also may have drop off locations near you in Melbourne.
I will still accept hand made items such as quilts, quilt tops, orphan blocks, fabric, knitted/crocheted blankets, handknits, knitting yarn, drawstring bags, Santa Sacks, soap pouches, knitted teddies, as well as gently used teddy bears which we can dress in custom made knitted jumpers.
However please don't send toiletries, books, stationery, household linen, second hand clothes, soft toys, puzzles etc . Instead please send them direct to either Backpacks 4 Vic Kids at 26 Remount Way, Cranbourne West, Vic 3977 or to Big Group Hug at 5/19 Enterprise Drive, Bundoora, Vic 3083. Big Group Hug have requested no toys at the moment.
I will still accept gently used teddy bears as we have some lovely knitters who love making their special jumpers but please don't send the very big ones as they can't be fitted into the Backpacks. I also won't be able to accept Christmas gifts for people in need as I just don't have the storage capacity required.
We've grown so much as a group and have donated much needed items to many different organisations but we need to focus on just our handmade items now so that I can reclaim our space at home and give me time to finish quilts rather than constantly sorting and packing boxes of second hand items. I hope that I haven't offended anyone and that you understand that while all the donations are appreciated I'm now getting overwhelmed by my lack of storage and time.
Many thanks for your understanding.
Hugs, Jan Mac xx

1 comment:

ButterZ said...

Good post. Sometimes we have to accept the barriers. You do such good work.