Monday, May 2, 2022

A Big Event.

Such a big event in a very busy week with my investiture for my Order of Australia Medal (OAM) on Thursday 28th April. I was last at Government House for my Queens Guide presentation over 50 years ago and it is still a stately building with beauitful gardens.
The day ran like a well oiled machine and we parked just outside the entrance. Ray had the chance to wear his suit again which was a bonus (long story). LOL
My lovely sister, Glen, made the trip down especially to share the day and I really appreciated her support.
Our beautiful daughter, Stephanie, was able to take the day off to join us and there were lots of arrangements happening with childcare to make this possible so I really appreciated all the effort. It was a shame that all our children couldn't make it but travel would have taken longer than the event so totally understandable.
We don't have many photos together so it was lovely to share the moment with Ray.
The Governor, Linda Dessau, was elegant and gracious and spoke a few words to put us all at ease.
 
The medal is beautifully engraved with my name so I guess I can keep it. I half expected them to tell me that they had changed their mind about the award but it was presented.
A beautiful certificate was presented in a black velvet folder and there is also a very nice presentation box with the medal in various sizes and the Governor encourages us all to wear it with pride and not be shy. That might take some practice.

Hugs, Jan Mac

7 comments:

Fran said...

Well deserved!

Ulla said...

Congratulations!

libby 6286 said...

Oh wonderful, so well deserved!!!

Maria said...

Well deserved recognition Jan for all the wonderful work you’ve done ( and Hubby) over so many years…
Congratulations 🤗😘

Jenny said...

What a wonderful day, and so special to share it with family too. The medal looks a azing, so justly deserved for your years of committment to this cause, so dear to your heart. Many congratulations.

kiwikid said...

Congratulations and do wear it with pride.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Absolutely awesome and well deserved in all ways!! Congratulations and then some!!