Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Delivery Day.

Today was delivery day and I delivered 149 cutlery sets donated by Mary Anne Rooney's sewing group in Bendigo. I found the Foothills Community Care group provided 45,000 meals last year and they assist the disadvantaged families,  domestic violence victims and the homeless in our community.  They were very happy with the cutlery sets which they can use when the deliver meals to the homeless. 
In the morning we visited Backpacks 4 Vic Kids again to deliver the 1,600 zippered pouches we had picked up on Sunday. We also took another 15 quilts,  60 soap pouches, 16 drawstring bags,  soft toys, hand knits for babies and lots of new and gently used clothes for children.  I've received quite a lot of sheeting squares which I wanted to try for drawstring bags and they're happy with them, even though they bit smaller than what they request. 
I also took the opportunity to ask what they're in need of now and they said pyjamas and bucket hats for ages 3 to 12.  They don't need knitted beanies at the moment which is good to know. They also need more quilts for the 7 to 10 age group.



 So far this year we've donated 65 quilts to Backpacks 4 Vic Kids,  27 to MSFIN and 3 to a refugee family who have lost 3 of their 4 children due to a severe and rare genetic disorder.  The total for this year is 95 quilts and I have more ready to deliver when organisations can receive them.

Hugs, Jan Mac 

3 comments:

ButterZ said...

So would this be a good idea for you placemats
https://jobutterfield.blogspot.com/2021/07/tablescraps-zippered-cutlery-placemat.html

kiwikid said...

Wonderful deliveries.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Your loving,charitable and incredibly generous work of you and your friends and donators never cease to amaze me. It brings tears to my eyes and fills my heart. Bless all of you Jan Mac. I need to visit here more often as it so lifts my spirit.❤🕊❤