Friday, February 25, 2022

Drawstring Bags and Soap Pouches.

I received a lovely parcel from Marian Dines (Vic) containing 8 drawstring bags and 20 soap pouches, all beautifully sewn and they will be much appreciated by Backpacks 4 Vic Kids for their toiletry  bags.
Marian must have read my mind as I have been making Santa Sacks, drawstring bags and soap pouches too. The bags are usually 12 x 14 inches but I have some sheeting squares which are a bit smaller and they finish at 11 x 12 inches. I don't think the smaller size will be a problem but I will check with Backpacks 4 Vic Kids on Tuesday when we visit again.  As the sheeting is plain I'm stitching a small piece of kid's fabric on the front. They will be handy for toiletry bags,  stationery bags or to hold small toys etc.

 The soap pouches can be made from 6.5 inch squares but if I'm cutting fabric for them I cut it 6 x 7 inches to give a bit more width for the soap. They're easy to stitch up at night time as time allows.

Hugs, Jan Mac xx 

No comments: