Thursday, July 9, 2020

Here We Go Again.

 We don't live in a Covid-19 virus hot spot but we're in another 6 weeks of lockdown in Melbourne and I expect it will last longer than 6 weeks. The rainy weather and my decreased mobility has meant that I am still behind with taking photos of the latest donations but I hope to catch up soon.
Pam Knight from GV Quilters donated the first 4 beautiful quilts.


 Barbara van Leest, also from GV Quilters,  donated the next 4 beautiful quilts.



 Wendy Carter made another 2 sets of QAYG blocks and binding  and they will make more beautiful quilts.
 I found this lovely top donated by Wendy Fittler from Tasmania when I was sortinb through boxes donated by the lovely ladies of Tasmania.
M. Goss from South Australia donated 2 beautiful tops and backing.

 We finally had a sunny day yesterday and took the boys to the park for a last chance before we went into lockdown again last night.


Now we're in Stage 3 lockdown again we'll still be caring for our grandsons while their parents work but we can't meet to share a meal so we had our usual weekly dinner last night. Quilt distribution is on hold again so I'm very grateful that we visited Corryong last week. In the meantime I will be busy quilting the donated tops and blocks but my knee is troublesome again so I will be resting it as much as possible. I thought it was improving but I must have been doing too much this week and it's sore again so I'm off to the Osteopath again tomorrow.
  Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

Maria said...

Great to have been able to donate some of the quilts before you have been shut down again.
Both boys are growing up so quickly , nice to have had a day out together...
Lots of more beautiful quilts....

kiwikid said...

Wonderful collection of quilt again, good you were able to deliver some before the collection grew again. I hope your knee improves, more relaxing required.