Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Fabulous Quilts and Donations Arrive.

 Judy Cooke (Vic) donated the first 4 fabulous quilts and they will be treasured when given out.


 The AQA night ladies donated 23 quilts in total as well as taking lots of kits etc and finishing them off.











 They also finished off 13 tops from different donated UFOs, sets of blocks and adding borders to make tops larger. It's been a huge help for me as I have been able to sort blocks by size, theme and colour and they have assembled them into tops and quilts.






 S. Ladner (Qld) donated 8 metres of fabric as well as 1 metre of wide backing fabric which will be great for backings.
I've been busy with administrative jobs, making contacts etc as well as helping the husband of one of my blog supporters to sort the remnants of her stash. Jo very kindly donated her stash between Oz Comfort Quilts and 3 other quilting groups, as her health was failing. She also donated sets of tops and blocks to Oz Comfort Quilts and I have finished and donated them already.  Now that she has passed away I'm taking her UFOs, etc and will finish and donate them on her behalf and I am honoured that she trusted me to carry out her wishes.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment:

kiwikid said...

That is lovely of you Jan, your friend would be very happy with you.