Sunday, September 29, 2019

Weekly Catch Up.

 I had a bit more sewing time this week, despite having a nasty head cold, and I made this first quilt from scratch. It was made from Sue M.'s donated nativity panel, shown below. I decided to combine it with some donated hand dyed fabric using a Broken Dishes pattern.

 There were lots of half square triangles which I don't mind at all. Cutting the panel into 5 inch strips and then into triangles meant that the nativity scene wasn't obvious and yet the colours still work together. I added borders and quilted it and it will be donated to Peter Mac.


 The following two quilts were tops made by members of my quilting group, AQA. The first one was a lot larger but I took some of it apart to make it smaller. I have to add to that section to make another top.
 These star blocks were donated and put together into another quilt for Peter Mac.  I need to count how many I have finished so I can see if there are enough for another delivery to Peter Mac. I dropped off a large box of items, consisting of small quilts, cloth bags and pouches, fleece hats and baby jackets, for the Peter Mac auxiliary shop during the week and need to start getting some more items ready for them.
My cold is almost gone and the weather is getting warmer so it's been good to have more time for quilting too. Today was also spent working on UFOs and cleaning my sewing room so I will have more to share tomorrow .
Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment:

Maria said...

It's surprising how the quilt turned out by cutting up the panel.. looks great as do all the other quilts.
Jan what is the best size for the quilts you take to Peter Mc???