Monday, September 9, 2019

UFO Monday.

 My quilting group received a large number of donations recently which are too small to be accepted by organizations we support, some being only the size of a fat quarter. I've spent every evening last week deconstructing these so I can make them into sizes which will be useful. I contacted a group which occasionally accepts small quilts but they didn't need any and these are too small for them too.
       There were 35 of the size in the first photo and they are coverlets, backed with fleece and with no other backing. If they are larger they will be suitable
 for toddler's quilts. I joined 4 of them together using a QAYG method and it was successful so I will join the rest and then they can be donated to kids in foster care .


 This small quilt is only doll sized so I am going to make it larger by adding borders using a QAYG method so this UFO will take a bit longer.
 These are the pieces that I have left after taking the tiny coverlets apart and I will remake them into larger sizes for kids. The minky and flannel fabric is pretty and will be much more useful in larger sizes and donated rather tgan sitting in a cupboard.
It's a lot of work but I don't mind doing it while I watch TV in the evening but I need to get busy re-making them so they don't take up space here. So my UFO work this week was for the group but I will get back to mine soon.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Linda said...

Clever idea to turn those little quilts into a QAYG quilt. You have a lot of patience!

Maria said...

Youer very clever turning the small quilts into useful bigger quilts.