Thursday, October 29, 2015

Stitching Time and Another Class.

 I've been using any spare time I have while traveling to work on my needle turn appliqué. I started the first block when I arrived and finished it last night but it does need a press. I also started the second one and it's progressing well. They are both for my Chester County Criswell quilt and I only have a couple of blocks left to finish.
   Yesterday afternoon I took a long arm quilting class with Linda Taylor. I have a short arm machine but the principles are the same. We had exercises in drawing the designs and then hands on practice . Getting sufficient hand control will take more practice but I learnt a lot and hope to improve my skills.
 Linda sowed us a 1950s Wedding Ring Quilt which she had machine quilted with different designs in every ring. She used bright green thread so the design would stand out. It wouldn't have been my personal choice for quilting the top but it did show many different designs she likes to quilt.
  Lots more fun to be hand before my next blog report. Lol
Hugs, Jan Mac





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to "see" you, Jan. Been missing you at sci retreats. Enjoyed my browse xx Shirley (mason)

Jan Mac said...

Lovely to hear from you too Shirley. Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully it won't be too long before we catch up again.