Monday, April 21, 2014

Fabulous Hexagons- La Passion.


I'm sure that many of you already know about this fabulous quilt made from half inch hexagons. It has been designed and made by Grit of Germany. Grit has provided this pattern on her blog Grit's Life. Other quilters have joined in with Grit's journey in making this quilt and the colours chosen all look wonderful as the design unfolds.
  I have chosen to make mine the same as Grit's in blues but where she has used some subtle hints of pale green I think I will use turquoise instead if I have enough of the fabric. As you can see I am only in the first first stages of making the quilt but I have Grit's quilt photo set as my desktop background so I admire it and become inspired every time I turn on the computer.
 Grit estimates that this quilt will use 17,250 half inch hexagons so it will be another long term project for me but a very enjoyable one. I just need to decide whether or not to take it with me and stitch it while we are in Germany too.
 Please go over to Grit's blog and see other lovely colour combinations as well as her other lovely designs. I'm going back to playing with my little hexies again today.
Hugs, Jan Mac

9 comments:

margaret said...

I have looked and admired this quilt for a while but no have not taken on the challenge maybe I might consider doing it in 1" hexies but maybe not. It might be good to bring it on your travels, there will be plenty of time to stitch whilst travelling

Marijke said...

what a beautiful quilt and you need so much!!!!!!!!!!hexagongs Jan .is there space in your case?

Jan Mac said...

Thanks Margaret and Marijke. I may have to leave some clothes at home so I have room for my stitching. LOL

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Wow - I haven't seen this quilt before, it's just stunning! Many happy hours of sewing for you.

Manuela said...

The La Passion is a fantastic project.
I sew it in pink, bordeaux and green.

Greetings, Manuela from Germany.

Grit said...

I`m happy you sew your own "La Passion".
Looks wonderful.
Greetings Grit

Dawn said...

I have seen her quilt, fun to see your start. Enjoy every stitch!

laura west kong said...

Wow! Love it. How is your progress coming along?

Donna said...

Just love it. One I need to do. You are very clever.
Donna from Australia