Friday, November 15, 2013

Comings and Goings


 In a week's time I will be overseas again in beautiful India. I spent 3 months traveling all around India when I was 23 ( a couple of years ago haha) and have wanted to return again to see how much it has changed now. My youngest DD is coming with me and we are only going for 2 weeks but we will be visiting places I haven't seen before. We will also be going to Delhi, Agra and Jaipur and I hope the beautiful Taj doesn't have scaffolding this time so I can get some better photos. This was all arranged just 7 weeks ago so I have been very busy getting donation quilts finished for Christmas before we leave.
The beautiful Taj Mahal in Agra India.
 I met the lovely Lesley yesterday and handed over 45 quilts, 4 crocheted blankets, some baby knits and some Christmas gifts, which her son is very kindly taking down to Janice of Needy Stitches for me. They will then be distributed to the needy and hopefully will bring some cheer and comfort for Christmas.
 I really wanted to get my sister's quilt finished before I fly out next Friday but I have been called in to work night shift again tonight as someone is off sick. I've made good progress this afternoon and will have to wait until next week before I'm awake enough to work on it again.

 I've chosen Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Mountain Majesty pattern as we had a wonderful Eurail trip through the Swiss and Italian Alps to celebrate my sister's birthday. I've also added feature fabric like chocolates for Switzerland, trains, tortes from Vienna, scenes from Venice and fabric with words like "sister" "love" and "daughters".
I'm off to bed again now and before I know it I will be flying off again.
Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully I'll be able to share my trip if the internet is kind to me in India.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

what a fabulous opportunity - and a wonderful , special quilt for your sister! Kate

Linda said...

Your trip sounds great. Have a lovely time with your daughter. Congratulations on handing over all the donation quilts and other goodies. What lovely surprises for people at Christmas.
The Mountain Majesty quilt is looking fabulous. Hope you manage to get it done before you go.