Thursday, November 21, 2013

Busy, Busy!

 The days seem to be shorter when there is so much to do. I have had some fabric set aside to make some small bags and managed to get one made with a zipper to contain small things for my trip. I'll be using clear bags for most small items so I can see what I have but a new bag is always nice to take.
 I had bought some new red shoes but not worn them so it was time to try them out and see if they are comfortable for traveling. Yes they are,so now I just have to click my heels and I'll be off to India.
 Of course I also wanted to prepare some fabric to piece in case there is some time for stitching in the evening. I really need to get busy on some applique projects but if the lighting isn't good I'd prefer to do some hand piecing. Last night I was cutting and preparing fabric to stitch into small Bow Tie blocks or more blocks for the Patchwork of the Crosses (POTC) quilt. I was going to piece the POTC using the English paper piecing method but I pieced one block by hand without the papers and decided it was easier that way. Now I just need lots of different fabrics to make the blocks. I hand pieced on the plane when I flew to Brisbane recently to visit the V & A Exhibition and it was very relaxing and I got a lot done. Also the pieces aren't too small to keep track of when using the plane's small passenger table.
Of course I may not get much stitching done but it won't take up much room in my suitcase. I'm also taking my kindle loaded with books and I'm still trying to load audiobooks and music on my ipod. I need to pack this morning and drive to Melbourne to stay overnight before we catch our flight tomorrow. I hope to be able to keep you up to date with photos of India while we are traveling so stay tuned!.
We're getting excited now!
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

Annette said...

Have a wonderful trip Jan...look forward to seeing your photos. Stitching on the plane would also break up the long flight. Take care

jacaranda said...

Happy travels Jan and DD, where are you off to???? Looking forward to your blog of photos. Enjoy your new camera.

Maria said...

Have a great trip Jan! Love those red shoes BTW :-)