Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Finding Fabric in the Op Shop

 There's been no sewing for the past two days but it has been fun to have our DD home for a few days and her kitten certainly livens up the household.
 I've ordered some of Bonnie Hunter's (of Quiltville) books and in preparation for when they arrive I've been turning a huge pile of op shop shirts into usable pieces.
As you can see I've been collecting shirts for some time and only buy them if they are 100% cotton and on sale. We went op shopping yesterday and I found lots more to bring home as well as some denim jeans for $1 each. I'm planning on making some picnic blankets so I need to add to my collection of denim pieces. So I'm not sewing but the scissors are getting a workout.
 Now I have some dressmaking to do as we found some lovely evening dresses at the op shop yesterday and I need to alter them to fit DD. I hope to have some exciting news to share soon as well.
Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

1 comment:

Maria said...

Sew nice to have your DD spend time at home..

Your op shop shirts will make some fun quilts Jan.