Saturday, February 12, 2011

More Parcels Unpacked

I received a huge box of QAYG blocks from Penny Berens and her quilting group, the Annapolis Valley Quilt Guild and in a week they managed to make 126 blocks. They are lovely and will make some beautiful quilts.
Cathy Bruton (Vic) sent a set of 35 QAYG blocks as well as binding and they are lovely bright fabrics and will be loved by a child or teen. I also received 2 large parcels from Jan Stokes (SA) and she sent lot of wool and fabric. In fact one was the largest ball of wool I've ever seen so some serious knitting and crocheting will be taking place to get it made up and donated.
Irene Carter from the UK sent 21 QAYG blocks and they are really lovely and in a range of colours. I can't wait to get to work with all the new blocks that have arrived this week so keep an eye out for finished quilts on my other blog and you may be able to spot some of your blocks.
I also received 9 QAYG blocks from Cheryl Tobin (Vic) and they are in pretty pinks and brights and will play very nicely with the other donated blocks.
Today I also met up with Lesley Lowe from Kyabram today and she delivered a huge pile of tops, with batting and backings from the Kyvalley and Girgarre Quilters. I spent the day quilting and finished 5 and a half quilts so I have some binding to do before I can show the finished quilts.
Paid work tomorrow and I plan to bind some quilts before work but I may not get them photographed for the blog until the day after.
Thanks to all the very generous donations I have quite a pile of quilts to deliver very soon.
Many, many thanks, Jan Mac



No comments: