Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sorting Scraps in the Heatwave



We've had temperatures of 43-45 deg C all week (112-113 deg F) and we're all a bit over it now. I've used the time to finish the string quilt I showed in my last post about QAYG blocks and it really looks different with the navy sashing joining the blocks together. It really makes the colours of the strings "pop". The other quilt is one which was donated and I just had to finish the quilting and the binding.
I've spent the rest of the time sorting through scraps and I need to catch up with my Friday Block Party. I've been trying to work in front of the AC and my sewing room is too hot for most of the day. Hopefully it will be better next week.

2 comments:

Carol E. said...

My goodness, I'm glad you didn't melt away....... wow! We're excited here, because we are going to get above freezing for the first time since late December.

Donna said...

sounds unbearable -- I much prefer the cold to hot as there's a limit to how many clothes one can take off!