Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Weight Loss Wednesday



I have a small brag- I have lost 14 kg (30.8lbs) since I started a weight loss program at the start of June. I am on a diet and go to the gym 3 times a week and feel so much better for the less weight to carry around. I still have about 10kg to go but I'm enjoying having less of me and I've dropped 2 dress sizes so far.
I was also lucky enough to attend a talk on antique quilts by Jan Gessin-Baker. She discussed how young girls were taught to sew and quilt to provide clothes and bedding for the large families they had as well as servants to provide for. They didn't get a doll until they could make a doll quilt and be able to make clothes for the doll. The quilts were lovely and I could have listened to her all day. I've included some photos of the quilts we were shown. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

Congratulations on the weight loss - you're doing great! I hope to be able to report a loss this next week - after all, we're staying home and I'm trying to be good!