Sunday, September 28, 2008

Block Party in Spring


My tulips are out just when the pansies are wilting in our unusually hot spring weather. I have some lovely smaller red tulips out now too.
I thought I'd get some photos before I go away as they probably won't last until I get back.
One of my groups- Heartstrings are having a block party so I joined in and made some more string blocks using the QAYG method and put them together into a quilt. It uses 9" blocks and put together in a 5x7 top. I broke 4 needles putting this quilt together when I was sewing the blocks together. Luckily I remembered that I had a needle for sewing denim and when I swapped to this one I had no more problems. I must remember to use this next time too.
I love these as they are quilts using scraps you'd normally throw away. I also use the batting scraps in this method so it really is a "Quilt for Nothing" which will keep a child warm.
My flight out was delayed until Monday so I'm using the time to get some more donation quilts finished.
Hugs JJ

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

It looks great - I'm glad you remembered about the Jean's needle. I've been tempted to do one of these but the thought of sashing them all after they're done holds me back - with the longarm it's easier to piece the top and then quilt.