Sunday, December 30, 2018

Time For A Block Party.

 Tidying and sorting out my sewing room has uncovered some sets of donated blocks which need to be made into tops instead of being stored back into boxes. This first top consisted of 7 scrappy 12 inch blocks so I made 5 more and then joined them with sashing. I thijk the blocks might have been donated by Maria W. from W.A. and I don't thimk you can tell which were the original blocks.
 This set of Snowman blocks were also donated by Maria W. (I think) and I made some scrappy blocks to use as alternate blocks. I think that I will add borders to make the top larger before quilting.
This set of hand stitched blocks were donated by Sue McP, from Vic, and I made 2 more to give a 4 by 5 set of blocks. I will add borders to this one too and it will be a lovely quilt for Anglicare.
   I have found some more donated orphan blocks and my containers of scrappy squares are very full so I can see more block making in my future while I try to tame the scraps and tidy up my sewing room.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Linda said...

You did really well sewing up those blocks, and making others too to get the number of blocks you required for each quilt.

Maria said...

Don't think the top blocks were from me but the snowmen were.
Three more great tops ready to sandwich quilt and donate..
fantastic Jan...

oh thank you for our lovely christmas card.. XX