Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Lost Momentum.

 It's been a struggle to get my quilting momentum back after we were all so sick. I did finish quilting these 2 tops for my quilting group's Gift Quilt program but haven't gotten back into my previous speedy production. The first quilt was a jelly roll quilt top which was quite plain so I hand appliqued 3 orphan hexagon blocks to make it more modern.
 I'm also getting swamped with scraps of batting and fabric strips after so many quilt finishes so I think I need to make some QAYG blocks and get my sewing room tidied up and hopefully I will regain my momentum for more quilt finishes.
 Little Jake loves one of his birthday gifts of a retro rocker in the shape of a swan. He also spends lots of time pushing his toy train around and he can almost walk on his own.
   
We're off to Fraser Island for 2 weeks, at the end of the week,  and Jake and his parents are coming with us.  It will be lovely to enjoy some relaxing time in the sun and I plan on taking a break from quilting and come back refreshed. I always take my yarn and crochet blanket squares while we are away so I should be able to get another blanket finished to donate. The second shipment of beanies and blankets are on their way to New Guinea too and that was only possible thanks to the generous support of my blog readers.
  Jake is taking up more of my time now so there is less time and energy for quilting but he is such a delight that we are living being his grandparents.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

3 comments:

Maria said...

Alls good Jan. You have worked so hard for ages and a lovely break with your Hubby DD SIL and litt.e Jake will be great. Enjoy!

Linda said...

Well done on the two finishes, Jan. Great idea to appliqué those three orphan blocks, really brings the quilt to life. Can't believe Young Jake is already one. Have a great family holiday on Fraser Island. Enjoy a bit of crochet. So pleased more beanies and blankets are on their way to PNG.

Michele Hill said...

Enjoy your very well deserved little holiday Jan and get well soon xx