Tuesday, September 4, 2018

6th UFO Finish for 2018.

 After such a productive 2 weeks of quilting there was a real slump as time was limited and we were all sick with the Rotavirus, AKA the stomach flu. I did manage to finally finish my 6th UFO for the year.
  This quilt was completely hand stitched and started as a way to use some of the many 2.5 inch squares I swapped with international quilters as a Millennium swap.  So as you can see this UFO was started in 2000 so it's great to have it finally finished, although it was a very handy project when I wanted some hand sewing. I hand appliqued the stars to the borders but I did machine quilt it. I actually finished it a couple of weeks ago but the binding waited for a bit as other quilting had priority. 
   This quilt will also be donated to Peter Mac and will hopefully be loved. More to come as I get back into the swing of my routines after illness.
Hugs, Jan Mac


2 comments:

Linda said...

Sorry to hear you have been so poorly. Hope you are feeling much stronger now. Lovely quilt finish. You obviously have put in a lot of work on this project over the years so it must be gratifying to have finally completed it. Well done!

Maria said...

I hope you are all over the nasty virus now....
What a beautiful Quilt and a great finish. I'm sure it will be treasured by a special person Jan.