I've made good progress on the needle turn applique for my Civil War Bride quilt. The quilt is heavily decorated with appliqued flowers and many, many leaves and I'm using a pattern by Corliss of Threadbear. It's based on a quilt from the mid 1800s and I was lucky enough to see it when I was in New York in 2010. I've finished two blocks this week and my progress was so much faster as I took some time to prepare the applique pieces by tracing them on freezer paper and cutting them out.
I've started another block today and would love to finish the top by the end of the year as well as stitching the 4 borders for my Baltimore Album quilt. That's ambitious but do-able if I focus. I'm still stitching the Baltimore top together and will show photos then.
Thanks for stopping by and I plan to post more photos of progress very soon.
Hugs, Jan Mac