Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Something a Little Different

I've been busy finishing off QAYG quilts but also decided to work on some knitted beanies and make scarves for a Homeless Connect Day which will be held soon. The beanies are easy to knit and I can often get one finished each day while watching TV in the evenings.
I also quilted 3 baby quilts yesterday as well as 2 other tops which I still need to bind. The baby quilts will go to an organization which helps teenage mothers and the other two will go to Qld for the flood victims.
It looks like I have the delivery of quilts to Emerald in Qld almost covered and will be able to send them quilts in bulk next week.

I've also been making more 12.5" QAYG blocks to make another quilt for the Homeless and I'm using all those scraps of non-quilting fabric which seem to litter the sewing room. I figure that I'm cleaning at the same time that I'm making blocks. My wise DH says that when I'm cleaning my sewing room I'm just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic! He may be right but I'm going to keep at it and who knows maybe it will be tidy and stay that way one day. LOL
Cheers, and have a good sewing day while I'm at my paid job.
Jan Mac


2 comments:

Maria said...

Jan you are such a lovely lady. I am sure all you work is loved by all. Now with the NZ Quake there will be more who need help.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Keep shuffling those deck chairs, Jan. The world needs a lot more people just like you! My heart goes out to all of those affected by the earthquake in Christchurch as well as to those in Australia who have borne the burden of so many natural disasters and their devastating effects. Blessings to you and to everything you do for so many others.