Friday, January 12, 2024

Adventures in Sri Lanka


I've been busy over Christmas getting quilts finished as well as preparing for my trip to Sri Lanka.  I needed to have quite a few vaccinations as well as getting donated school supplies ready to bring with me. I also managed to fit in 10 pairs of magnified reading glasses, some toys and 10 beanies for babies. I'm delivering them to a Buddhist monk in the highlands as children can't attend school if they don't have the required supplies.  I couldn't fit in all of the donations and the rest will be posted.

 
We stopped on route for lunch on our way from Negombo to a wildlife park.

We stopped to visit a Hindu temple en route.
Negombo fish market was very busy with workers preparing and drying fish so it can be stored for later use.
We arrived in Colombo at 11.30 pm Tuesday night and I stayed at Negombo for 2 nights. I arrived a day earlier before the tour started. On our first night we visited Lord's restaurant in Negombo and I ate a fabulous meal of Prawns, Crab and fish cooked in a coconut milk sauce and served with rice. It was absolutely delicious and will be a hard act to follow.

More to come.

Hugs, Jan Mac xx 

No comments: