Monday, July 18, 2022

This Week's Finishes.

I took some time to knit Sophie a little cardigan but it's a bit big for her, despite being for a 1 year old.
She has a real attraction to fabric and loves to play with it and select pieces she likes. She spent ages playing with a bag of my hexagons. 
This was a donated bed runner which I made into a quilt by turning the 2 corner triangle blocks into squares,  using the QAYG method. It was an easy adaptation once I had removed the original binding and I made new binding to fit it. Now it's  a more practical sized quilt to donate.

I also quilted 2 lovely quilt tops donated by Jean O'Connor. The tops had backing, batting and binding provided as a kit by Jean's friends, and having everything on hand makes it easy to get them finished.

                  

Hugs, Jan Mac 


 

1 comment:

Maria said...

Pretty cardigan for sweet Sophie. Looks like she’s a budding quilter! 💖
So many lovely quilt folk donate .