Sunday, July 29, 2018

Bless The Orphans.

Having a supply of orphan blocks has made it so much easier to get more quilt tops made and quilts finished. Peter Mac Cancer Centre had requested "superhero" quilts for children who are undergoing treatment,  so it has been wonderful to have blocks to add to the superhero fabric and get some finished easily.
   I had bought the fabric but didn't get time to make the quilts so I  really  appreciated the lovely superhero quilts made and donated by Maria W.  of Western Australia.  Now I have finally made another 2 and should have another 20 quilts to drop off to Peter Mac very soon.
Many thanks to my lovely supporters who donated orphan blocks, QAYG blocks, tops and quilts so that more people in need will get a warm hug of comfort.
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

Marijke said...

Youv,e been so bussy Jan .Love all the quilts ,special the one with the applique,
Iv,e been away for a holiday to my sister in the North of The Netherlands and had a lovely time
Now I,m back to quilting and quiltbees .I have two now and love it .

Hugs Marijke

Maria said...

The orphan blocks and super Hero fabrics make great Quilts Jan. I'm sure they'll put a smile one a little super Heros face.

Linda said...

I love these two quilts, Jan. Very bright, cheerful and striking. The alternate blocks to the Superhero fabric ones are so dramatic. I should know the name of that block but can't think of its name at the moment. No doubt it will come to me when I stop trying to remember!