Saturday, March 26, 2016

Mail Call.

I've been having trouble blogging as the post won't save so I'll try again. I received this lovely 1930s vintage quilt top which is in perfect condition. there are lots of lovely vintage fabrics and also lots of  lovely empty cream spaces which need lots of quilting. This one will go into the queue for quilting and I look forward to making it a beautiful quilt. I don't use these vintage quilts but like to have them for display and to treasure the vintage fabric.
The postman also brought me another lovely parcel of QAYG blocks from Linda of UK and NZ. Linda has used up all her remaining scraps and sent another 9 QAYG blocks as well as the few remaining scraps she had in NZ. These blocks are a great way to use up scraps of batting and fabric and also bless the needy.
 I hope you are all enjoying a peaceful time for Easter and spending some time recharging your batteries, doing what you love. I'm working on quilting one of my rescue quilts so I hope to have that to share soon.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Jan,
So pleased the blocks and scraps arrived safely. We have our family here at the moment so no sewing! They leave next Saturday evening and we head off back to the UK the following Wednesday. So it's all go!!! Happy sewing.

Jo said...

Well done Linda. What a great donation.
Good on you Jan for all you make for others. Happy Easter.