Friday, March 21, 2014

Creativity with the Pattern.

There's been a lot of working and sleeping done this week but today there was finally some sewing. Not having time to sew gave me time to think about what to do with the borders which wouldn't fit as per the pattern. I decided to add corner blocks which followed the "Hour Glass in the corner" theme as in the previous inner rounds. That meant I could cut the border to fit the top and allowed me to float the blocks at the end of the border. That is, I added more of the background to the feature fabric in a square and then trimmed the border to fit the top. Probably clear as mud but the borders now fit.
  I have one more border to add and as I don't have enough of the feature fabric to make 4 borders the same, I'm having two pairs the same and using another Hour Glass block in each of the corners.
 Although I have deviated from the pattern  I think it will be true to the nature of the original so should be OK. I need to finish the top tomorrow and get it pinned ready to quilt as time is running out.
  Back with more soon and hopefully a finish to show.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

Kate said...

Looking good, Jan. Love the Flannel flower fabric

jacaranda said...

Looking good, love the colours.