Saturday, November 17, 2012

Late Night Stitching

 Last night I got the Sawtooth Stars out again and made 14 more blocks. I was so happily sewing that I worked until 11.30pm and could have kept going but common sense prevailed. You can see the new stars compared with the old ones which had frayed seams and they were coming apart. I should have counted the number of stars before I took the quilt apart but I expect to end up with almost the same amount. I'm also using some of the sashing pieces to make more stars to replace those beyond repair and you can see one in the 4th row, second from the right. I'm also going to use some of the backing fabric to make stars and I am using some of the white/cream background fabric from the original quilt as well as cutting more pieces to replace those which are too small to use.
  I'm pleased with my progress and will probably use a much narrower sashing and may even set them on point. This is a "make the blocks and see what happens" project and I think it will be worth all the extra work to remake the quilt into something pretty and functional again.
  Thanks for stopping by and a big thank you to those lovely readers who have left comments. Everyone loves some feedback on their blogs. I usually comment on blogs too but have given up commenting when I have to type in two nonsensical words as more often than not, I get it wrong and it just wastes time I could use stitching. lol
Hugs, Jan Mac

No comments: