Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Colour Purple

It's been a good week for finishing off QAYG quilts and I love the purple one which was made from a lot of donated blocks from many different people. I never used to buy purple or mauve fabrics but having worked with so many different fabrics I find that I do like purple now and have even started to buy it as it rounds out my stash to include more colours.
I also received a lovely parcel all the way from Ireland from G. Wheatley and she sent 2 beautiful quilt tops and a set of blocks which will make some more lovely quilts to donate.
I'm taking a break for a few days now as we are going camping but will be back to the quilts again soon. I also posted off 2 quilts to Japan and plan to take my knitting with me and get more scarves finished as well as crocheting more squares for blankets.
Stay warm everyone.
Love, Jan Mac

2 comments:

kaiteM said...

have a good break, i hope the weather is kind to you.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love that purple strings quilt! And the churndahs one you showed in the corner - neat colors!