Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Day Off

I took a day off from the comfort quilts yesterday and drove over to Castlemaine which is a bit over 2 hours drive from here. I went for the Castlemaine Applique Group meeting which is held very 3 months. I had been to a meeting about 18 months ago and then life got in the way and I didn't get back again until now. It's a great day with Sit and Sew, a shared lunch and lots of lovely Show and Tell to admire.
There was also a speaker who shared her family's Welsh antique quilts and it was lovely to see them up close.
I also visited Threadbear, my favourite patchwork shop which just happens to be situated in Castlemaine and as we ate lunch there I just happened to fall in love with a few reproduction fabrics that just had to come home with me.
I spent the day hand stitching the 12 piece pie blocks and more feathered stars so I'll have more progress to share with you soon.
It was a lovely day and gave me a chance to work on my own projects which may or may not be donated in the future.
In the meantime I have a crocheted blanket to finish off.
More later, Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

kaiteM said...

the rose and bird fabric is pretty, i'd have to bring it home with me too.
good to see you had a play day.

Merilyn said...

Glad to read that you had a nice day away and did something nice for yourself! I love the fabric that hitched a ride home with you, beautiful!!!