Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Team Work

Today I sent off 70 quilts to Emerald in Qld and that was just the amount I've managed to get together in the last 3 weeks. Margo Barber from Tasmania sent 6 lovely quilts and they arrived in time to go with that shipment.
Now I'm busy getting quilts ready to send to Christchurch in New Zealand.
I also received more parcels of lovely QAYG blocks today and the piles are going up and down as I work hard on getting them made into quilts.
The first photo shows a lovely top and binding made by Sandy Leaman (Vic) using one of Bonnie Hunter's patterns and it's a lovely way to use a variety of fabrics. Sandy also sent 36 QAYG blocks and bindings.
Cathy Bruton (Vic) sent 16 more lovely QAYG blocks as well as binding and the Crafty Chicks from the Blacktown Baptist Church (NSW) delivered a large box of QAYG blocks, a quilt top and fabric for binding.
Mary Rawlins from the UK sent 7 lovely QAYG blocks as well as 4 smaller ones. These will all play together nicely to make some more lovely quilts to donate on your behalf.
I'm now working on a delivery of finished quilts for Christchurch in New Zealand and I'll post more about this shipment in another post.
Time for a break as I've been packing quilts and making more for NZ today so now I'm going to take a break and knit a child's beanie for Christchurch.
Thanks to all your generous donations and a lot of team work we've managed to donate 128 quilts already this year.
Many thanks, Jan Mac






No comments: