Wednesday, May 5, 2010

No Photos to Share

This is just a rushed trip home and I'm off again tomorrow. I had a wonderful time at the Australasian Quilters Convention in Melbourne and had 4 days of classes in Free Motion Quilting with Deborah Louie of NSW. She is a wonderful teacher and I learned heaps that I'm dying to practice . I stayed an extra night in Melbourne so I could attend my quilting meeting with AQA.
Then after 2 days at home to wash clothes and repack my bags I'm off to a quilting retreat in the morning and will be back next Tuesday night. As well as packing I also had to make signature squares to swap and finish my challenge quilt made from second hand flannel shirts.
I'll post photos and more details when I return. I took lots of photos at the convention but don;t have the camera connection yet so I can download my photos.

I know the Southern Cross Quilters retreat, which is being held in Bathurst NSW this year, will be a lovely time spent doing a small amount of hand sewing and lots of laughing and talking. It's always lovely to see familiar faces and meet some new friends.
More to report when I return next week.
Hugs Jan mac

1 comment:

kaiteM said...

i look forward to seeing you up here Jan, and i'll have some of those rice bags to give you also, for the E. Timorese people...k.