Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Week Away

We took a week's break on the spur of the moment as I didn't have any work shifts this week. When we hard about Ray's cancer and subsequent surgery, a lovely friend had organized for us to have a week's break at the beach and the cottage was available at the time when I was free from work. We had a lovely week with lots of summery weather and time together. Ray has recovered enough now that he was able to take lots of walks and enjoy the scenery.
Can you see the koala in the tree? We also loved the road sign which reminds tourists that we drive on the left hand side of the road here.
One of the highlights for me was having lunch at The Cattery- the Geelong Football Club bistro. We saw 3 of the premiership players training as well and it was a fun outing. I hope to get down there again to watch them play this year. I did manage to knit 2 hats and crochet 2 scarves but really took a break and enjoyed reading a good book- Exile by Richard North Patterson.
We came home yesterday and now I'm back into some quilting so i'll show more progress tomorrow.
Hugs Jan Mac





1 comment:

kaiteM said...

how exhilirating, a week by the Great Southern Ocean. I saw the koala, looked relaxed. K.