Friday, February 5, 2010

Finally Quilting Again

I received a lovely card this week from one of my quilting groups, Australian Quilters Association. The card read:
"Jan Congratulations! on your nomination for the Australia Day Awards. Your work helps many people in different places and lifestyles. We're proud to have you as a member of AQA".
What a lovely acknowledgment from my quilting peers.

I've finally managed to get back to finishing quilts off this week and have quilted 11 in the past 3 or 4 days. Today I quilted 4 tops and I still need to do the bindings before I can count them as done. This top is a really lovely ones with pansies fabric used for the blocks. It will be loved by its recipient so if you recognize it please let me know so I can add your name to the label.
Earlier this week I heard from the ladies who have helped me to distribute the quilts in the Kinglake and Marysville areas and they have asked for more quilts for the people who are returning to the mountain. Luckily I had kept some for this occasion as well as working on more during the Christmas break. I hope to take them down very soon so they can welcome the people who are returning. In the meantime I need to finsih off a few more of the tops which were doinated as well as constructing more quilts from donated QAYG blocks.
Busy, busy. Hugs Jan Mac

1 comment:

kaiteM said...

Not a moment lost. Well done Jan, and what a lovely card and thought behind it. Hugz, Kaite