Friday, December 11, 2009

Worn Out

I've had a good week with lots of work in taking photos of the quilts donated as well as finishing off many more tops. I've also sorted the two pallets of boxes of quilts, fabric and sewing kits which will be going to the bush fire areas.
I'm finally up to date with the photos of donated quilts and will load them to my other blog.
In my down time this week I've also been working on my applique and have started a new project- "The Civil War Bride" quilt by Corliss at Threadbear. It's her pattern of the Bird of Paradise quilt and I'll give more details later. Here's the first block and they all have lots of pieces to applique so my fingers are a bit worn this week.
I'm almost ready for Christmas and I'm looking forward to getting together with my family and hoping the weather isn't too hot. The string quilt here was a donated top and I just quilted it.

No comments: