Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Finally Finished

I'm finally finished with joining the donated knitted scarf pieces and have made 54 blankets from the 240 metres.
They took me a month to make and I'm very happy to have them finished as it's getting too hot to have all that warmth on my lap now summer is on its way.
Here's some of them in a stack and they will be ideal for either Timor, Samoa or the hurricane devastated areas in the Phillipines.
I really wanted to get the blankets put together quickly as I want them shipped out where they will be used as soon as possible. I'm also quilting more tops and managed to finish off 8 over the weekend, but have more to get ready for the next shipment.
I also have crocheted blankets to finish off so I'd better get busy again.
Hugs Jan Mac

2 comments:

bettyp said...

You have been busy girl !!!
THEY DO LOOK PRETTY !!

kaiteM said...

hi Jan, how have you joined the knit squares, it looks like either crochet or a blanket stitch, i'm not sure. Also, what size are you doing - 4 x 7 of 10" squares perhaps?
I'm knitting a blanket wrap for the Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital and joining the squares as i go by picking up and knitting on in a different direction. cheers, Kaite