Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Quieter Day

I had a quieter day yesterday as I had an abscess on a tooth and had it extracted yesterday. I slept a lot and feel much better today and DH was looking after me. We were both a couple of lame ducks so when we were visited by two lovely young ladies on their way down to Melbourne we weren't able to properly thank them. They are DDs of a generous lady from Queanbeyan and they brought more quilts and donated goods from the Queanbeyan Quilters in NSW.
I'll get photos of the quilts posted on my other blog ASAP and in the meantime here's a photo of one of the quilts I finished from donated blocks from the USA members of Heartstrings.
I plan to get back to sewing later today all being well.
Take care and thanks to all of you for your ongoing support.
Hugs Jan Mac

2 comments:

kaiteM said...

Jan that tooth was telling you to take some time for yourself - ie you've 'bitten off more than you can chew'! ha ha!Take another day to take it easy.
On another matter i've made 10 R,Wh & Bl blocks already and the next 10 are cut out, ready to just sew up. I could do more if it would help, how many do you want? K.

Terry said...

Jan I am tickled that you used the very cheery binding strips with the blocks from the U.S. Did you do it so I could contribute as an expat Yank to their efforts or was it just serendipitous?

Either way it"s all for a good cause and fabric I would have struggled to use made a cheerful parcel and has a good home.

Thanks Terry OOO's