Tuesday, May 21, 2019

UFO Monday - 9th UFO Finish.

Yesterday our quilting group held our Biggest Morning Tea event to raise money and support cancer research. We had a very interesting guest speaker, Dr Laura Forrest, who spoke about her research into the psychosocial impact of inherited cancer genes.  We were also thrilled to donate 76 quilts to Peter Mac from our Gift Quilt Program,  to be distributed to their clients in need. It was a lovely social event with some fun games and lots of chat and yummy food as well as raising money for a good cause.
I was a lucky winner of a lovely scissor keep/ pin cushion made by one of our members. 
As for the UFO finish, there was a group challenge of transforming a tea towel and I decided to finish a long term cross stitch project to decorate my apron made from tea towels. I made a pocket from the cross stitched piece and I now have a pretty apron and another UFO off my list. So many left to finish but each one off my long UFO list is a win for me.
Hugs , Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Maria said...

Great way to raise money for a good cause, a beautiful spread and a fantastic number of quilts to donate. nice finish of your apron...

Jo said...

Great effort with all those quilts donated. Good fun at the morning tea fundraiser. Well needed cause.