I'm really happy to have finished another long term UFO, which makes it my 5th finish of my UFOs for the year. I didn't really expect to get this one finished so quickly but I do work quickly and once I finished the hand applique, I only gad to nake 1r blocks to suit it.
This centre block was started about 15 years ago in a class and I didn't really like the rest of the design for the pattern, so I never got around to finishing it. I had lost the pattern so I used a light box to trace the design onto the opposite fabric and then used back basting to stitch the applique pieces in place. It only took me a couple of evenings to finish stitching the applique, so it shouldn't have been a UFO for this long.
I back basted the pieces to hand applique and finding similar tones of fabric took as long as stitching them.
Once the applique was finished, I made 14 blocks in shades of cream and pink and framed up the applique block to fit.
The wind was blowing a gale but I grabbed a quick photo and this one will be donated to Petef Mac as well. It's so lovely to have another UFO out of the cupboard, and even better to be able to donate it to a worthy cause.
I have another long term UFO almost ready for quilting too so I am very pleased with my progress. Even better, I am making more room in my cupboards.
Hugs, Jan Mac