Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Quilting Frenzy.

 Now the house is sale-ready, it's time to tackle some of the boxes of donated quilt tops in the shed. I figure if I get them made into quilts I can donate them so it's a win-win. Someone needy gets a lovely warm quilt to snuggle in and I have less stuff to move. LOL
  All of these tops were made by other generous quilters and I had the pleasure of quilting them.


 The owl quilt is bound but the binding is not stitched down as I prepared that for the hand stitchers to sew at our next Gift Quilt Day next week, for my Melbourne group.



This is where all the quilting is happening now. I find I'm using my industrial sewing machine more and more and it's an absolute workhorse. I have burnt out 3 sewing machines as domestic machines just aren't made for the amount of sewing and quilting I do so this one is ideal for all the QAYG quilts and tops I quilt. I've even started using it to stitch baby wraps, bibs and burp cloths.
   I have some more quilts to photograph and more QAYG finishes. Many thanks for your kind comments. I'm very happy to be back and still undecided on the Oz Comfort Quilts blog as I will have to start it again, so I need to make sure there will be time for that too.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

6 comments:

margaret said...

you have been busy with the quilting, the room looks so light and right for stitching in

Jo said...

Fantastic effort. You do get used to one machine though

Marijke said...

Nice room Jan ,It will be a pleasure to work there looking out into the garden .love the quilts.

Maria said...

Lovely finishes Jan... you are amazing...

Linda said...

Pleased to hear you have the house ready to sell. Well done with the recent quilt finishes. Can I send some QAYG blocks to your Trevaskis Road address?

phxquilt said...

Lovely quilts! I'll keep an eye out for the other blog.