Saturday, March 25, 2017

Old Habits.

 I tried to throw out the scraps left from using the Tumbler Die to use up some of my fabrics and make more donation quilts. I really did try, I promise!! But old habits were stronger and I did fish out the fabrics which were left over from the triangular sides and pieced them into more fabric which meant I could cut more Tumbler shapes.
I am joining them with alternate plain cream fabric and it will be a very low-cost quilt to donate as, apart from the cream fabric, it will be made entirely from scraps. You can't beat that so I guess some old habits are worth holding on to.
Hugs, Jan Mac

5 comments:

Linda said...

Definitely agree - use up every scrap! The strippy tumbler blocks look great alternating with the cream tumblers.

Maria said...

The scraps will be a colourful quilt Jan...

margaret said...

like you I keep my scraps but not thought of making tumbler blocks with them, have had a tumbler template for a good while now so I think it is time I got it out and made some don`t you

Cat said...

Use all the scraps I say .. Even a scrappy quilt will keep people warm

Jo said...

Great use of scraps