Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Progress of Sorts.

 I have lots to do at home before we head off on our next trip in a few weeks time. Unfortunately I have had a bad head cold since the end of last week and it has now progressed to pneumonia. It's been a nuisance as I haven't been able to work and haven't been well enough to do much at home either. I could really do with a good night's sleep too as the constant coughing doesn't make for a restful sleep. Hopefully the antibiotics will "kick in" quickly and I'll soon be getting things done.
  In the meantime I've been trying to distract myself by prepping and stitching a few more diamonds for my Insanity Quilts. The 5 diamonds in the top photo, are for my 1930s reproduction quilt and this quilt will be named "Norma Mary", named after my much loved Mum who passed away 7 years ago now. Maybe I've started collecting these fabrics as they remind me of the dresses she wore while we were growing up. The centres and plain borders will all be in yellow and I will use plain white for the neutral fabrics to join the diamonds.
I've also pieced another 6 diamonds and 1 flower for my other Insanity quilt. It remains un-named at present and it's always gratifying to see progress even when I haven't devoted much time to this stitching project.
 Hopefully I can get busy again in a few days time when I start to improve. There's some very nasty infections around this winter so i hope you are managing to avoid them wherever you are.
Hugs, Jan Mac

No comments: