Monday, October 13, 2008

Yes, I'm Back!!

Here we are getting ready to board a 25 seater airplane to fly to Dili after having no sleep. I took about 500 photos and I won't bore you with them all but will take several days to share my news about the trip.
It was more special than I'd expected and I had a wonderful time meeting and working with the people of Maubisse in East Timor.
We flew into Dili and collected supplies and then drove for nearly 4 hours to reach Maubisse in the hills 70km out of Dili.
We were sleep deprived for a lot of the time and now I'm trying to catch up at home. I came back enthused to get more quilts and warm garments finished to send over to the "hill people" where the weather becomes very cold.
More tomorrow when I can think straight. LOL
Hugs JJ

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

Glad you're back safe and sound! Can't wait to hear more details and see some photos.