Friday, January 12, 2018

Another Discovery.

 I was very happy to find another UFO this week. I had started this project as I wanted some hand stitching to do at quilting meetings. I was falling out of love with it as I didn't have a purpose for it and as they are 1 inch stars, it's taking some time to piece. It's a scrappy charm square piece so every fabric is only used once. Now I have found it again I am going to finish it and donate it. I plan to join all the stars together and then add a border and another series of larger stars to make the quilt larger. I'm going to keep this one in sight so it gets worked on at least twice a week and it will be a good one to take on our holidays.
 This is my progress on my Robyn Pandolph jelly roll and I have mainly focused on joining the flowers with the brown paths. I have almost joined all the flowers together now and need to make a few more whole flowers and half flowers to make the top larger.
 This is how it looked when I started a few days ago. It's surprising how much you can achieve in just a few hours each night. This will probably be almost to completion before we go away so I will leave it at home and finish it off when we return. At least that is the plan to date.
We've had baby Jake over to visit for most of the week as I have been helping our DD make baby quilts for her friends. DH has really enjoyed playing with the little man and Jake loves the car steering wheel we gave him for Christmas which makes car sounds and plays music. I'm thinking we need another one to keep here too. He has cut his first tooth on Christmas Day and his second is coming through now so he's doing well at 4 and 1/2 months. He's having a 24 hour sleepover on Sunday so I don't think we'll be doing much other than recover for the rest of the week. LOL. We're both loving living so close to them and being very involved in family life. Tomorrow we are having an extended Christmas get together for my family so that will be a busy but fun day too.
Many thanks for your kind comments on my blog and thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

Linda said...

You must have a lot of patience to sew such tiny stars! Love the photo of you grandson showing Grandpa how to drive a car!

Jo said...

Your little grandson is so cute...

Marijke said...

lovely phot with Ray and Jake .Thanks for sharing ,