Monday, September 25, 2017

My Sincere Apologies.

 As I am spending most of my time in our new home in Melbourne now life has been very busy with little time for quilting or sewing. I also burned through $100 in 2 weeks of using a dongle for internet access as loading photos  uses up a lot. Thankfully we now have the internet connected and I will be able to load photos etc easily again.
    I did manage to get home to the farm for 2 days and madly packed boxes and sorted through things in the back of the shed. I knew there were more donated QAYG blocks in storage and thought the remaining boxes held donated fabric, so I was astounded to find 2 finished quilts there, leftover from the donations for the bushfire appeal for Kinglake in 2009.
    I am so very sorry that I missed distributing these on your behalf. We did distribute enough quilts for their community, as well as to other areas, but I was so disappointed to know that these two lovely quilts could have been bringing comfort to someone in need.
 The first Flying Geese quilt was donated by Sue N. from NSW and the second lovely quilt was made and donated by Mandurah quilters in WA. I have washed them both to freshen them from storage and they will be donated to the Peter Mac Cancer Centre to give a warm hug to 2 patients. I do hope that this is OK with those who put all their time and money into making them.
  I have cleared almost all of the stored blocks and tops etc and now have a very busy time ahead as I get them finished. Hopefully DH will be able to bring down my industrial sewing machine on his next trip down so I can get more QAYG blocks made into quilts.
 This little laundry hamper was one I bought and then machine appliqued the little deer to match the nursery's Woodland theme. This little blue cardigan was another one I've just finished and it's one of his favourites as it's small enough to fit him.

I plan to blog more frequently again now we are connected and will have some more finishes to share very soon.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

jacaranda said...

No need to apologise Jan, you do so much for others, it is time for you to do something for yourself and enjoy your new home and Grandson.

Linda said...

Two lovely quilts which are going to a very good cause. Not sure how you are finding time to fit in everything you are.