Thursday, May 25, 2017

UFOs.

 I have discovered some older UFOs and donated blocks while looking for fabric for backings for some of the tops I want to finish. I found these cat blocks and also a cat panel so I have added fabric borders to make them a uniform size and will make some filler squares to join the blocks so this one should be ready for quilting soon.
 I also found this little top that someone had donated. It was kept out of the sunlight but it had a couple of the places where the fabric had faded so I made the little cars to cover those areas. The hardest part was button hole stitching through the thick layers. This one will go to Life's Little Treasures which is a group which supports families who have premmie babies. They have asked for quilts to be given to the babies to celebrate those who reach their 100 day milestone and they can't keep up the number needed. they send them out all over Australia so i said I would make some smaller ones for them.
 This quilt was a collection of donated house blocks I found. They look like they were from a block swap but there were only 11 of them in the pile so I found a house block I had made for another project and used that to finish the top.
This house block was one I had on hand and I only had to add the windows and door before it could be used in the House quilt. It's great to get some more UFOs finished as well as clearing out more large pieces of fabric to be used for backings.
 I still need to work on more quilts for males, both men and boys so I hope to find some more in the UFO pile which will work for those. I've been putting in so many hours quilting that I am sleeping very well at night, so that's a bonus.
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

Jo said...

Fantastic quilts

Linda said...

Great quilts! Going through your UFOs and quilting supplies is like treasure trove!

margaret said...

such a variety of quilts you have completed here they will be well loved I am sure