Tuesday, April 11, 2017

QAYG Support.

 I'm late in acknowledging but I have been very lucky to receive more beautiful QAYG blocks from Linda A. who lives in NZ and the UK. Linda very kindly made more QAYG blocks and posted them from NZ before she flew back to the UK. The blocks are a great way to clear out your older scraps but my scrap pile doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.
 I also received another 3 bags of QAYG blocks made by Bev K. from Bendigo, and delivered by Lesley L. of Rochester. Bev does a great job using up scraps of batting and lots of string scraps from the Rochester and Ky Valley quilters.
 I have been busy getting more QAYG quilts finished from the donated blocks so I will have some more finished quilts to share soon.
Thanks you so much for your kind words on my Dad's passing. I really appreciate your comments and I also appreciate all of you who have supplied me with QAYG blocks to make quilts for the needy. We've been lucky to have some much needed rain over the past week and our resident kangaroos came up close to the house to feed on some new green shoots. I will miss them when we move but that means we will have to go camping more often to enjoy the bush.
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

Hugs to you in the passing of your Dad.

margaret said...

I am sure you are getting support following your Dad`s passing so sad when we lose someone we love so much. Blocks look good I blog with Linda and have fingers crossed she is going to the FOQ in august then we might be able to meet. if she wants to of course.

Linda said...

Thank you for including my blocks in your blog post, Jan. So pleased they will be of use. Like you, I hate to see scraps go to waste, especially when I know you will create some lovely warm, bright quilts for the needy. Good luck with your house move. Happy Easter to you and your family.