Saturday, April 22, 2017

A Change of Pace.

As I had to pack up my quilting things for house inspections I decided it was time to work on a few things which don't create so much mess. LOL
   I finished the first baby quilt top I'd started and have put it away for now. It will be for one of my nieces or nephews' babies and I will add borders and the baby's name when the baby arrives.
  I also found a half jelly roll which has a Woodlands theme which is what my DD is having for their nursery. I didn't want to cut the fabric up too much and lose the designs on the fabric so I made it up like a jelly race quilt then cut 6.5 inches off twice and reversed one panel. I'll border the inner panel with white and then add borders so almost finished that one too.
 They are also talking about eliminating plastic bags for shoppers here, and some states already do this so I thought I'd make some more cloth bags. I started by covering eco bags I already had but will also make some without as I think that might be quicker. I will have very stylish grocery bags now.
  I also needed to start on more baby sewing as my DD is already half way to delivery. I made these little pants in newborn size but I think I will add to make the waist band higher on the next pair I make with this pattern as they don't seem to be big enough to cover a nappy. I'm also knitting baby jackets now that the weather here is cooler. I will return to finishing more quilts but it's nice not to have too much stuff to tidy away for house inspections. More decluttering will happen over the weekend too.
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

margaret said...

jelly race type quilts are such fun to do, I made 5 out of a jelly roll for babies last year.
Here we now have to pay if we want a plastic bag from the shops so like you have made shopping bags.

Linda said...

Lovely ideas for baby quilts. What size did you cut your squares for the on point blocks? Enjoy your baby knitting!

Marijke said...

Great idea to make jelly rols quilt ,much faster .
We had to pay for plastic bas aswell good idea .
so I made a few fabric ones .